Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Brand New Blog

Welcome to my blog! My first entry is to explain a little bit about this blog and myself.  First of all my name is Josh and I decided to start this blog for a few reasons.  The first reason is ultimately outreach towards members of the LGBTQI community.  I have always been a person that my friends go to for advice and I have gone through alot in my 22 years of existance on this planet.  The second reason is I love writing and have always loved to write about my experiences and about others.  I feel that providing this blog for members of the LGBTQI community (And even our straight allies) will give an open forum and resource for members of all walks in the community.  In the Queer community we lack a unity between the Bisexual, Gay, Lesbian, Transgendered, Intersex, and Queer members.  We segregate ourselves by our own accord and one goal of this blog is to show that all of us have issues and that all of us are going through the same things on a daily basis.  We are all different but that difference is what makes us all the same.

Now a little bit about myself.  My name is Josh and I have a wonderful partner of 2 years and we are happily in a committed relationship.  I have been out for 7 years now, completed 2 1/2 years of college, managed a nationwide Real Estate company, volunteered at numerous LGBT clinics, outreach groups, educational groups, as well as safer sex education.  I have a passion for helping other people and love to make a difference in people's life.

Now onto the good part.  You know a little bit about me and why I created this blog and so now I am going to give you the email address for any questions you may have.  I am going to commit to answer the questions posed daily (M-F and most weekends).  Remember all subjects are accepted and no question will go unanswered.  Thank you for your support and feel free to visit some of our sponsors!

-Josh