Wednesday, February 25, 2009

First Question - Relationship Compromises?

Dear Mr Jamison:

I love my boyfriend and we have been together 3 months and I love him to death but sometimes I feel like he doesn't pay me enough attention.  Does he love me?  How can I tell?

"Well I must say that I have definitely been in your position before.  First of all you have to realize that there are two different types of people.  The first kind will sneak around to get what they want.  The second kind will get rid of something if they don't want it anymore.  They are up front about everything.

You need to ask yourself from a non-biased opinion if you think he truly loves you.  Maybe try just bluntly asking him if he is happy with you and wants to be with you.  Generally that will get you a relatively honest answer but you also have to prepare yourself for an answer either way it may go.  Never go in expecting anything because you can project your feelings and expectations on them.  I know in my relationship I have often felt unloved or unappreciated but then I realized that if he didn't want to be with me then he wouldn't be here right now.  A lot of it is in your head.

Another thing I would like to say is make sure you make the decision on your own.  Although it can be a good thing to go to your friends for advice be aware of how often you go to them and the picture you are painting over all.  Make sure you give an even picture of the good and the bad, not just the ones that are overcoming you right now.

I hope this little bit helps you out!  And email me and let me know how things go for you!

Mr. Jamison